Monday, January 12, 2015

QUILLED GERANIUM FLOWER

Hi dear Friends... This is my first post in 2015..... Sorry dear friends... I've just been a bit lazy keeping up with my blog. Yes ..I know, all coz of the Facebook...:) :)   Today I'm sharing the details of my new project. Quilled Geranium Flower. ( not exact... :)  )


The flowers are made with 1.5 mm strips. The 1.5 mm strips I have used is inspired by our all time favourite, talented artist Manuela Koosch and also I love this bright raspberry colour and really enjoyed making tight coiled flowers with it. At the same time the outcome is almost similar with the type of Geranium Sanguineum flower.



....Next..the leaves...!!! The leaves are made out of duplex sheets. actually the duplex paper in my stock was pure white. I searched for green in all stationery in our location. But I didn't get. Hmmm...Shhhhh...idea....!! apply the green paint on white... :) Yes..For that I used green food colour... dipped the white duplex sheet in it and kept it to dry. Hoooooo.....the result was amazing.

And I made the yellow lady bugs for this project. Red lady bugs are common but I know red colour is not suitable here. Finally....

  I'm really happy with the outcome... The finished work is framed in a white 12x12cm , (4 3/4 x 4 3/4) deep frame....

Thank you
*LEKHA*






 

3 comments:

Angel said...

Gorgeous ...

Shylaashree said...

beautiful flowers lekha, FB takes most of our time :)

Lekha justin said...

Thnx Angelin nd Shylaa.
@ Shylaa...not only FB dear, my health issues are the main reason :) . U know abt tht...no..?

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Laurus Cassia and Powered by Justin James.